The v8.0 Oreo system update for Galaxy C9 Pro is available over-the-air. The device will itself catch the OTA. Its users will get the prompt to install it. Users can manually check for the update if it delays to show up. To do it, go to device Settings > About phone > Software updates > Tap on Check for Updates. If the latest software update with build C9008ZMU1CRG8 is available, then download and install it.
Connect to a Wi-Fi network to download the Oreo update for C9 Pro. Also, check that you have at least 70% battery charge on your phone. Alternatively, you can also manually download and install the firmware that comes with the build number C9008ZMU1CRG8 software using the Odin Tool.
- And install Samsung driver: SAMSUNG_USB_Driver_for_Mobile_Phones.zip (15.3MB)
- Download and extract firmware: C9008ZMU1CRG8_C9008CHM1CRG8_CHM_8.0_FULL.zip (2,3G)
- Download and extract Odin 3.13.1 ZIP file
- Open Odin v3.13.1 software
- Reboot your device in Download Mode (hold Home + Power + Volume Down)
- Connect device and wait for “ID: COM” to turn blue in Odin
- Add the downloaded firmware file to:
– BL: choose to BL_C9008ZMU1CRG8_…_MULTI_CERT.tar.md5
– AP: choose to AP_C9008ZMU1CRG8_…_MULTI_CERT_meta.tar.md5
– CP: choose to CP_C9008ZMU1CRG8_…_MULTI_CERT.tar.md5
– CSC: choose to CSC_CHM_C9008CHM1CRG8_…_MULTI_CERT.tar.md5
- Make sure “Re-Partition” is NOT ticked
- Click the “Start” button to begin the installation process