Android 13 Beta for Realme GT 2 Pro
Hello realme Fans,
This year as well we have been working closely with Google in order to bring the latest Android 13 Developer Preview Program to our realme GT 2 Pro users.
If you’re a developer, own a realme GT 2 Pro, and can’t wait to help beta testing Android 13 – this is your opportunity to enroll!
Please keep in mind that:
- The Android 13 Beta is meant to allow developers to adapt their apps to the new Android version.
- The Android 13 Beta is still in the early stages of development, and might not represent a stable enough user experience. Unless you are a developer, we do not recommend flashing this ROM, especially if you have little to no experience in software development or flashing custom ROMs. Proceed at your own risk.
- Some applications may not work properly. This includes Google apps as well as third-party ones.
- The firmware may not come with all stock Android’s built-in features.
- All user data will be erased during the upgrade.
- The automatic timing function is abnormal and manual timing is required.
- Some system functions are not available.
- Part of the interface display may look less than desirable.
- Some applications may not work properly or be fully functional.
- The system may have some stability issues.
1/ Local Upgrade Process from Android 12 to Android 13 Beta 1
Please update to the required version of Android 12 (RMX3301_A.14) in order to be able to enter the Android 13 Developer Preview (RMX3301_11_C.01):
Android 13 Beta 1 Update Package
Step-by-step Upgrade Process
Follow the following instructions to update to the Android 13 Beta 1:
- Transfer the downloaded firmware to the phone storage;
- Turn on developer mode
- Go to Settings > Software Update > Settings in the upper right corner > Manually select the installation package
- Select the downloaded firmware package, click install after loading
- After the verification is completed, the system will be restarted and updated
2/ Local Rollback Process from Android 13 Beta 1 to Android 12
Please back up your data before proceeding with the rollback process: Settings > Additional Settings > Back Up and Reset > Backup & Restore, and then select the data to back up.
Please keep the battery level over 30%, and do not turn off your phone during the rollback process.
In order to revert back to Android 12, please follow the same procedure you went through to join the Android 13 Developer Preview but by using the rollback package below.
Android 13 Beta 1 to Android 12 Rollback Package → RMX3301_ROLL_BACK_Android12_IN.zip
Q. Will this version feature the Android 13 Easter Egg? A. No, it will not.
Q. Can other realme devices enroll, or is it only for realme GT 2 Pro? A. The Android 13 Developer Preview Program is only for realme GT 2 Pro.
Q. Will exiting the Android 13 Developer Preview Program wipe out my data? A. Yes, all user data will be erased.
Q. Will I receive security patches while on the Android 13 Developer Preview Program? A. No, you will not.
Q. What happens to my documents stored in the DocVault when I enroll in the Android 13 Beta 1? A. When flashing the Android 13 Beta 1 all data locally stored via the DocVault will be lost. Documentation saved to the servers can be retrieved again.
Q. Will this void the phone warranty? A. No, it will not.
Q. What camera app comes with the Android 13 Developer Preview Program? A. Qualcomm's native camera application - which lacks all realme’s built-in features.
Q. Will realme GT 2 Pro lose 5G connectivity in the Android 13 Developer Preview Program? A. No, 5G connectivity will still work during the Android 13 Developer Preview Program.
Q. Will there be any other Android 13 Beta Preview updates? And when the official Android 13 comes out, will I receive the update directly? A. No. There will not be further betas. The Android 13 Beta 1 for realme GT 2 Pro aims to provide the developers with a testing environment to adjust their apps and services in view of the upcoming Android 13 update. Yet once Google issues more beta versions or the official Android 13 update, these will not be provided. After you have conducted your testing, you will need to revert back to realme UI to keep receiving software updates.
How to Report a Bug?
If you’re experiencing any issues with the Android 13 Developer Preview Program, please tell us by opening a post and your feedback on realme Community. Set “Android 13 Beta 1 – Bug Report – …” as all titles for our developers to find all reports easily.
Note: Replace “…” with any additional information concerning the bug, like “battery’, “camera”, etc.