Following the leaks of Samsung Experience 10 firmware update for S-series phones, the same is now available for the latest Note series flagship. Yes, the Samsung Galaxy Note 9 now gets Android 9.0 Pie firmware update as well. This is a leaked Beta update for Android P available via OTA. So download the OTA zip and see how to update Galaxy Note 9 to Android 9.0 Pie based on Samsung Experience 10 with build number N960USQU1CRJ1.
The new Samsung Experience 10 for the Note 9 (SM-N960U/U1) comes with a new firmware build number N960USQU1CRJ1. As usual, Samsung’s Android 9.0 Pie Beta is exclusive to the United States variants for now. So only the Snapdragon variants of the Galaxy Note 9 (SM-G960U) and Unlocked Note 9 (SM-G965U1) can install the OTA update and thus upgrade to Android P.
Here is a list of bugs present in the Galaxy S9 Android 9 Pie leaked beta that may also exist on the Note 9.
- Secure Folder (works) Needs a factory reset.
- Smart View (NOT working)
- Dolby Atmos (not fully optimized)
- Samsung Pay (may NOT work for some)
- Night Theme Toggle (not fully optimized)
- Navigation Gesture (not fully optimized)
- Samsung DeX (not fully optimized)
- Samsung Theme (not fully optimized)
- Samsung Gear Device incompatibility. (may NOT work for some)
- Bluetooth Media Audio (not fully optimized)
- USB Host Mode (may NOT work for some)
- Backup your data.
- Sign out your Google account and remove passcode / pattern lock.
- Make sure your phone has >70% of the battery.
HOW TO UPDATE:
- Download and install Samsung driver: SAMSUNG_USB_Driver_for_Mobile_Phones.zip (15.3MB) | LINK MAX SPEED
- And download last version of Odin: Odin 3.13.1 (LINK MAX SPEED)
- Flash stock firmware (Android 8.1 – 1ARI5)
N960USQS1ARI5_N960UOYN1ARI5_ATT_8.1_FULL.zip (4,3G) | LINK MAX SPEED
- Continue, download an extract:
minimal_adb_fastboot_1.4.3_portable.zip (LINK MAX SPEED)
- Download the Android P Beta OTA file and copy to minimal_adb_fastboot_1.4.3_portable folder.
SS-N960USQS1ARI5-to-U1CRJ1-UP (LINK MAX SPEED)
- Power off your phone and reboot to Recovery mode (Press Volume Up + Bixby + Power)
- In Recovery mode, select Apply update from ADB
- In minimal_adb_fastboot_1.4.3_portable folder, run cmd-here.exe and type: adb sideload update.zip
- Approve the update and wait till the upgrade completes.
- Finally, in the Recovery mode > Wipe data/facetory reset > Reboot