There’s finally good news for Galaxy S7 and Galaxy S7 edge owners who have been waiting for a taste of Oreo for a very long time. Samsung has now started rolling out the Galaxy S7 and Galaxy S7 edge Oreo update. The firmware update is currently being rolled out over-the-air in the United Kingdom and it’s only a matter of time before it’s released elsewhere.
Galaxy S7 and Galaxy S7 edge Oreo update.
Samsung is now rolling out firmware version G930FXXU2ERD5 and G935FXXU2ERD5 for the Galaxy S7 and Galaxy S7 edge respectively in the United Kingdom. The firmware is only available over-the-air right now and can’t be downloaded through SmartSwitch.
- Samsung S7:
- Samsung S7 Edge:
HOW TO UPDATE:
- Download and install driver: SAMSUNG_USB_Driver_for_Mobile_Phones.zip (15.3MB)
- Then, download ODIN (last version): Odin 3.13.1
- Download and extra firmware.
- Save data, remove Google account, remove passcode (or pattern lock).
- Reboot phone to Download Mode (Press and hold Home + Power + Volume Down), press Volume Up to continue
- Connect to PC (or laptop)
- On ODIN tool:
– BL: select to BL_G93xFXXU2ERD5_…
– AP: select to AP_G93xFXXU2ERD5_…
– CP: select to CP_G93xFXXU2ERD5_…
– CSC: select to CSC_OXA_G93xFOXA2ERD5_…
- Click Start and wait about 5-10 minutes
- If your phone is stuck on the SAMSUNG logo for 15 minutes: reboot to Recovery > Wipe data + cache > Reboot