Flagships always get the privilege to test out the latest Android OS as it rolls out. OnePlus 6 is one such device that is getting to taste Google’s latest offering Android Pie. Currently, the Hydrogen OS Android Pie Public Beta is rolling out for the OnePlus 6. Along with Android P, the update also brings other features like the navigation interaction mode, color customization by the user, enhanced Do Not Disturb. Gamers life gets easier with this update. There is all new upgrade for the Game mode, which brings the call suspension and notification reminders.
Hydrogen OS is developed for the Chinese variants of OnePlus devices. This features a catchy animation and UI designs. The Hydrogen OS doesn’t pack Google Play Services and the other Google Apps package. Google is not supported in China. So, this Hydrogen OS Android Pie Public Beta strictly limited to the Chinese variants only.
As with Android Pie, many new features will find their way to the OnePlus 6. This includes App slices, App actions, adaptive battery, smartphone usage tracking, new Settings and volume sections, Multi-camera API etc. Below you can find the download link for the Hydrogen OS ROM file.
- Download the OTA zip file and move it to the internal storage on your OnePlus 6.
- Now go to Settings App > System Updates > click on Settings icon > Local Upgrade
- Select the firmware file.
- Now you will see a screen that will prompt you to upgrade your phone, Click Upgrade Now.
- Your device will reboot and flash the OTA file via Stock Recovery.
- After it boots up, switch off the phone > hold the Volume Down + Power button to enter recovery mode.
- Go to Wipe data and cache and select Erase everything.